So you decided to unlock the fittest version of yourself this year while releasing all the junk from your life? Well, that’s a great start! However, the healthy eating and diet road is never easy. Chances are, you are already struggling to stick to your diet plan. To be honest, it’s not easy to have the same boring meal every day. And, the good news is that you don’t have to stick to the plan consistently. The key is to keep the planning fun while sprucing it with some delectable treats. Here are five recipes to satisfy your taste without killing your healthy resolution.
ITALIAN TURKEY MEATBALLS
This might come as a surprise to you, but you can easily stick to your diet plan with this recipe of Italian turkey meatballs. Here’s what you need:
● Lean and mild ground turkey meatballs
● Seasoned bread crumbs with eggs
● Garlic powder
● Onion powder
● Dried oregano
● Red pepper flakes
● Parmesan cheese
● Zucchini noodles
1. Mix the ground meat with spices and make balls out of them. Cover them with seasoned bread crumbs. Arrange the meatballs in an oven tray lined with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
2. Brush the meatballs lightly with olive oil and bake them in the oven at 375 degrees for 15 minutes before turning them.
3. Before taking them out, take a temperature reading with an instant-read thermometer (if you have it). It should read 165 degrees. Otherwise, insert a knife or a toothpick through the center. If it comes out clean, the meatballs are evenly cooked.
4. Warm the marinara sauce in a wide pan and toss it over the meatballs placed over zucchini noodles on a plate.
The best part about this recipe is that it’s fast to cook without compromising the flavour.
BAKED GARLIC BUTTER TURKEY MEATBALLS
This baked garlic butter turkey meatballs recipe is fabulous in every way. If you are going for a low-carb diet or looking for a keto option, serve it with cauliflower rice. Here’s the ingredient list:
● Ground turkey (900 g)
● Shredded mozzarella (1 cup)
● 1 egg
● 1 cup marinara sauce
● ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning, chopped
● ½ lemon (juice)
● 2 teaspoon onion powder
● 2 teaspoons fresh minced garlic
● 1 tablespoon minced or grated parmesan
● ½ teaspoon thyme, sage, and rosemary
● 1 teaspoon hot sauce (Sriracha or anything else)
● 3 garlic cloves
● ½ cup fresh chopped parsley
1. Mix the spices, herbs, and seasoning with ground turkey and shredded mozzarella with an egg in a big bowl. Make meatballs from the mix.
2. Now spray a baking tray with some oil and arrange the meatballs along. You may even use parchment paper to avoid the meatballs sticking to the surface.
3. Bake the meatballs for 15-20 mins.
4. Now, add the lemon juice and the spices to another bowl. Mix the marinara and garnish the meatballs. You may bake them if you wish for extra 5 mins.
5. Serve them with a side salad or cauliflower rice.
CHICKEN PARMESAN BURGERS
If you have been missing burgers for a while, this recipe is here to take you for a delectable palate ride. With 10 min of prep and 15 min of cooking time, this is one burger that won’t disappoint your cravings as well as your diet plan. Here’s what you need:
● 1 lb. ground chicken
● ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
● ¼ cup plain breadcrumbs
● 2 garlic cloves
● ¼ cup marinara sauce
● 2 tablespoons dried parsley
● 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
● 1 teaspoon dried basil
● Mozzarella cheese
● Hamburger buns
1. Combine chicken, cheese, bread crumbs, ¼ cup marinara sauce, chopped onion, garlic cloves, parsley, Italian seasoning, and dried basil and mix them evenly.
2. Make four patties with a slight dent at the center and refrigerate for about 30 minutes. Grill over medium heat with 6-8 minutes on each side. Top the burgers with mozzarella cheese.
3. You may coat the insides of the buns with spray butter and sprinkle garlic powder and Italian seasoning. Toast them for 2-3 minutes. Spread extra marinara sauce and enjoy!
Are you looking for organic, clean marinara sauce options? Our inventory of low acid, natural tomato sauce can put you at ease! Shop now and enjoy our recipes. Let us know how it turned for you!